Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Finally - some more stitched peacocks!

Gosh, I didn't realise it had been so long since I posted any photos here! I think I'd better do a stock take of my peacock embroideries; I'm sure I had more than this since last October.
In the meantime, these two arrived today from the USA via eBay:


This is what Americans call a scarf, although whether or not they mean a head scarf is unclear to me. It could also be a table centrepiece, or a cushion cover...whatever it was supposed to be, it is in very good condition.



This is a fairly large table runner; quite old I think, but in pretty good condition, apart from some dye run where it has been washed inappropriately. One of our Guild members has advised me on how to fix that, so I'll give it a go someday.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Both pieces are beautiful!

Maddie Can Fly said...

In the US, a "scarf" like this is meant to be a dresser scarf -- just a piece used to cover up/protect/beautify a large piece of furniture. And it is a beautiful piece -- lucky you!